The Fallsington Library Company was founded in 1800 and incorporated in 1802. The Library’s collection was originally housed in a local inn, and later moved to the home of the librarian. Members paid annual dues.

In 1875, Isaiah Vansant Williamson, a well-known dry goods merchant, Philadelphia philanthropist, and founder of the Williamson Free School for Mechanical Trades, contributed half of the cost to build a library. Mr. Williamson had attended Fallsington Friends’ School, and clerked at the Gillingham Store in Fallsington’s Meeting House Square. The villagers of Fallsington matched the fund, and in 1879, the Fallsington Library Company moved into its Palladian-style building. The second floor served as a community hall, hosting concerts, plays, dances, meetings, and even gym classes for the Pennsbury School, located just across Yardley Avenue.

The Fallsington Library continues to proudly serve Fallsington and the surrounding communities. A full-service lending library, we also present interactive family programming, and provide meeting space for the public in our beautiful, historic building. Our affiliation with the Bucks County Free Library allows our patrons full access to the entire BCFL catalogue.

Library Interior Past
Library Interior